“Applicable Jurisdiction” means the relevant jurisdiction (including any foreign jurisdiction) that applies to or governs the provision of Services by SelfNote.org to the relevant User. “Applicable Privacy Laws” means:
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is a State or Territory of Australia, the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and Australian Privacy Principles as provided under that Act (as amended or replaced from time to time);
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is the United Kingdom or any country within the European Union, the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (as amended or replaced from time to time); and
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is a State of the United States of America, the applicable privacy laws of that State.
“Cookie Information” has the meaning given to that term in clause 5.
“SelfNote.org Terms” means the terms and conditions of SelfNote.org.org which can be accessed at the following link: https://www.selfnote.org/terms
“SelfNote.org, we or us” means Tommy Collier LTD, d.b.a. SelfNote.org and any of its Subsidiaries.
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is a State or Territory of Australia, has the same meaning given to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended or replaced from time to time) includes information about an identifiable and living individual, including names, addresses, telephone numbers, email addresses, photographs, dates of birth, credit and banking details;
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is the United Kingdom or Member State of the European Union, has the same meaning as the term ‘personal data’ in General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (as amended or replaced from time to time)
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is a State of the United States of America, means all information collected by SelfNote.org, whether electronically or manually, through (i) the Website, (ii) any Services, (iii) e-mail messages and other electronic communications that you may send to SelfNote.org, and (iv) other sources in the ordinary course of our business, that relates to an individual and that identifies, or can be used in conjunction with other information to reasonably identify, such individual.
“Relevant Authority” means:
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is a State or Territory of Australia, the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner;
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is the United Kingdom, Information Commissioner’s Officer;
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is a Member State of the European Union, the government agency charged with the responsibility of administering the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 (as amended or replaced from time to time); and
- if the Relevant Jurisdiction is a State of United States of America, the government agency charged with the responsibility of administering the Relevant Privacy Law for that State.
“Sensitive Information” means all Personal Information of an individual that reveals (i) racial or ethnic origin, (ii) political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, (iii) trade union membership, (iv) genetic data, (v) biometric data; (vi) physical or mental health data, (vii) the sex life or sexual orientation, or (viii) criminal record of such individual.
“Service” means a service provided by SelfNote.org on a Website.
“Subsidiaries” has the meaning given to that term in the Corporations Act 2001 (Cth).
“Terms” means the SelfNote.org and the terms and conditions of any Website which can be accessed at the relevant Website (as amended from time to time).
“User” means a user of the Services provided by SelfNote.org through a Website.
“Website” means any website hosted and operated by SelfNote.org
Collection and Storage of Personal Information and Data
3.1 Types of Personal Information
We may collect Personal Information about individuals. This Personal Information could include:
- contact details (including email address, telephone number(s) and other contact details);
- date of birth;
- usernames and passwords;
- bank account details;
- date of death;
- videos; and
- Sensitive Information that you choose to submit to us.
SelfNote.org collects this Personal Information in furtherance of its own legitimate interests, such as marketing its goods and services to you, and in providing, administering, improving and personalising the Services to you, and based on your consent, where SelfNote.org asks for and collects your consent prior to collection, storage, use, disclosure, protection and handling of Personal Information.
If some or all of your Personal Information is not collected by SelfNote.org, SelfNote.org may not be able to provide you with the Service (in whole or in part) or personalize the Service (in whole or in part) to you or provide other goods and services to you.
If you are under the age of 16, we need the consent of your parent or guardian to process your personal information. SelfNote.org does not knowingly process the Personal Information of children under the age of 16. If you are under the age of 16, please do not use the Services without your parent or guardian’s consent. If you suspect that a child under the age of 16 has provided Personal Information to us, please notify us via the e-mail addresses at support@SelfNote.org
3.3 Sensitive Information
The Personal Information collected by SelfNote.org may include Sensitive Information. SelfNote.org will only collect and use Sensitive Information for the purpose that it is collected as permitted under the Applicable Privacy Laws, which includes situations where you have given your explicit consent, where such processing is necessary in the field of employment, social security, or social protection law, or where such processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims. Other allowable bases for the processing of Sensitive Information may apply under the Applicable Privacy Laws and SelfNote.org may use Sensitive Information accordingly.
3.4 How does SelfNote.org collect your personal information?
Collecting Information from you
If it is reasonable and practicable to do so, SelfNote.org will collect personal information directly from you.
Depending on how you choose to interact with SelfNote.org, SelfNote.org may collect your personal information when you contact, or are contacted by, SelfNote.org or its service providers by telephone, by email, through the Website, or when you complete a form or document and provide it to SelfNote.org. More specifically, we collect personal information in circumstances including when:
- a person signs up to become a User;
- a User posts content about themselves on a Website;
- a User posts content about a living third party on a Website;
- a User sends content about themselves or a living third party to themselves or a third party on a Website;
- a User visits a Website and sends an enquiry through or makes a comment or other post the site, through an email, via a social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter or Pinterest;
- a User signs up to an email marketing list;
- a User interacts with our social media services;
- we meet with an organization wishing to do business with SelfNote.org (and an individual from that organization provides details);
- an individual enters into a transaction with us using a credit card or method other than cash;
- an individual makes an order through our online store in accordance with the SelfNote.org Terms;
- an individual enters a competition being run by SelfNote.org; and
- evaluating job applicants and personnel which may include collection of details such as employment history and educational qualifications.
Collecting information from third parties.
SelfNote.org may also collect information about you from other people (e.g. a third-party administrator or other Users) or independent sources. This may occur when, for example, other Users upload Content that includes information about you, or where a Page Administrator nominated you as a Page Administrator in accordance with the SelfNote.org Terms or you are nominated as the administrator for an account on a Website. If you also give us permission to access information in other services, such as Facebook or Google Drive, Apple or Dropbox, we may be able to obtain information from those accounts depending on your privacy settings.
SelfNote.org may also collect information based on how you use its Website, including through ‘cookies’, web beacons and other similar technologies.
Cookies are small text files that are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable SelfNote.org’ systems to recognize your browser and record non-personal information such as the date, time or duration of your visit and the pages accessed, for website administration, statistical and maintenance purposes (“Cookie Information”).
We may use ‘cookies’ to collect data relating to your general internet usage.
We will ask for your consent before placing non-essential cookies on your device.
When individuals use one of our mobile applications, we may also collect information about your city location, device model and version and operating system version.
No attempt is made by SelfNote.org to use Cookie Information to personally identify you.
However, if Cookie Information is linked with personal information as set out above, this Cookie Information becomes personal information and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
You can remove or reject cookies by adjusting the settings on your web browser. Please note that some parts of the Website may not function fully for users that disable cookies.
5. Electronic Communications and direct marketing
SelfNote.org may, in compliance with the laws and regulations of the Applicable Jurisdiction and Applicable Privacy Laws, send you email messages and other electronic communications (i) in connection with your use of the Website or any Services, (ii) in the ordinary course of business, or (iii) for any other legitimate business purpose (including, but not limited to, marketing). You can unsubscribe from such email messages or other electronic communications at any time by emailing SelfNote.org at support@SelfNote.org or by following the directions contained in such e-mail messages or other electronic communications.
Where practicable, customers and others have the right to interact with us anonymously or using a pseudonym. Circumstances where it is not practicable, however, include where Personal Information is required to complete a credit card or account transaction.
7. Use of Personal Information
SelfNote.org may hold, use or disclose your Personal Information for the purposes of marketing, but only where such use complies with the Applicable Privacy Laws.
Subject to the Applicable Privacy Laws, SelfNote.org may also hold, use or disclose your Personal Information collected for the purpose it was provided or collected, including in the following ways:
- display it when you have posted it to a Website;
- for use for the purposes of collection described in clause 4 above;
- to respond to enquiries received from you;
- to perform authorized financial transactions with you;
- to identify you with third party services that we may use for customer support or payment processing;
- to verify your identity and to assist you if you have forgotten any account details;
- to communicate with you and provide you with information (whether by email, post or other means) about our products or services;
- to send marketing or product-related communications from companies in the SelfNote.org family;
- to notify you about changes to our goods and services;
- to ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/device;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website, when you choose to do so;
- to enable you to enter competitions we run;
- to facilitate your participation in surveys where you volunteer that Personal Information;
- to enable you to participate in any loyalty or reward programs, if you so request it;
- to receive and address feedback or complaints from you;
- to transfer data to your next-of-kin in the event of your passing;
- for the purposes of fulfilling orders on our online store in accordance with the SelfNote.org Terms;
- to protect our legal interests and fulfill our regulatory obligations (if and to the extent necessary), and
- in other circumstances, with your prior consent.
All members and others with whom we interact have the option of opt-out of receiving marketing communications from us. If you do not wish to continue to receive electronic marketing communications from us and/or selected third parties you should opt-out by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email communications that we might send you.
8. Third Parties
The Website may contain links to third party websites including the networks of our valued affiliate service providers and/or advertisers.
9. Disclosure of Personal Information
We may provide personal information to third parties outside our group companies for limited purposes, such as to help us in providing goods and services to customers. We limit the information we provide to third parties to the information they need to help us provide or facilitate the provision of goods and services to you. We deal with third parties that are required to meet the privacy standards required by the Applicable Privacy Laws in handling your Personal Information and use your Personal Information only for the purposes that we gave it to them.
Such third parties may include, but are not limited to:
- organizations who carry out credit, fraud and other security checks;
- couriers and delivery businesses (where we arrange to deliver goods to you or persons you have requested us to send deliveries to);
- third party software providers who store details of customer account for us or who provide other IT services;
- marketing businesses engaged by us to disseminate materials to which recipients have consented; and
we may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties outside our group of companies:
- where we have your express permission to do so;
- where it can reasonably be inferred from the circumstances that you consent to the disclosure to the third parties, unless prohibited under the Applicable Privacy Laws;
- if SelfNote.org sells, assigns or otherwise transfers part or the whole of its business, in which case your Personal Information, which was collected by SelfNote.org through your use of the service, may be among the items transferred or sold to the extent that it is relevant to SelfNote.org’s business; and
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your Personal Information in order to comply with any legal obligation, or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or to protect the rights, property, or safety of SelfNote.org, its personnel or customers. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
10. Security of Personal Information
The security of your Personal Information is important to SelfNote.org. Accordingly, SelfNote.org takes commercially reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from misuse, loss and unauthorized access, modification and disclosure.
Each account or a page created on a Website is protected by account details provided to Users for privacy and security.
However, we cannot guarantee the absolute security of that information, or that our systems will be completely free from third party interception or are incorruptible from viruses. We cannot and do not guarantee that information you send from your computer to us over the Internet will be protected by any form of encryption (encoding software).
In light of this, we cannot and do not ensure or warrant the security or privacy of your Personal Information, including payment and bank account details. You transmit your Personal Information to us at your own risk.
You are entirely responsible for maintaining the security of your passwords and/or account information.
We treat website and credit card security seriously and endeavor to provide a secure, safe platform through which to conduct transactions.
11. Information Sharing
We do not sell your Personal Information. SelfNote.org does not and will not sell the Personal Information of a California resident it has actual knowledge is under the age of 16.
SelfNote.org may also transfer your Personal Information to a person who is in a foreign country to assist us in providing you with our Service. In these circumstances, we will take such steps as are reasonable in the circumstances to ensure that the information that is transferred to third parties located outside of Australia will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient of the information in a manner that is inconsistent with the Australian Privacy Principles.
12. Data Rights
You may have a right to access the Personal Information we hold about you. Subject to Applicable Privacy Laws, you may have the right to request and obtain information about, or copies of, your Personal Information that we process, where we obtained your information, the business or commercial purpose for collecting your information, and the third parties with whom your information is shared. Lastly, you may, in certain circumstances, ask us to correct or delete Personal Information concerning you, depending on the situation and applicable laws.
All of our processing is in support of our business. Where we process your data based upon your consent, you may withdraw consent if you wish to do so.
Residents of California may have the following rights with respect to their Personal Information, in certain circumstances:
- The right to know the categories and specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the past 12 months, the sources from which the Personal Information was collected, and the business purpose for collecting such information;
- The right to know whether and how we sell or disclose your Personal Information, to whom we sell or disclose your Personal Information, and the business purpose for selling or disclosing your Personal Information;
- The right to request a copy of the specific pieces of Personal Information we have collected about you in the past 12 months;
- The right to request that we not sell your Personal Information;
- The right to request that we delete the Personal Information that we have collected from you, in certain circumstances; and
- The right not to receive discriminatory treatment for the exercise of your privacy rights.
Upon receipt of a request to exercise your rights, we may request additional information in order to verify your identity. To the extent possible, we will utilize information already in our possession to verify your identity. Any information you provide in connection with such verification will be deleted as soon as practicable following your request.
You may designate an authorized agent to make a request on your behalf. If you submit a request through an authorized agent, we may require that the authorized agent provide proof that the authorized agent has been authorized by you to act on your behalf and may still require you to verify your identity in accordance with the above.
The chart below summarizes our practices in relation to your Personal Information over the preceding 12 months.
13. Warranties and Representation
14. Access to/correction or updating of your Personal Information
15. Concerns about privacy
have any concerns regarding the privacy of your Personal Information, or a possible breach of the Applicable Privacy Laws;
wish to obtain a copy of your Personal Information held by SelfNote.org;
wish to make a request that your Personal Information held by SelfNote.org be corrected if you believe it is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date; or
exercise any other data right, please contact us at: The Privacy Officer SelfNote.org support@SelfNote.org
In the email please specify the following information:
- your name;
- your address;
- your phone number;
- your email address;
- a description of your concern (if applicable);
- detail about the information in question to help us locate it (if applicable).
We will then use commercially reasonable efforts to promptly determine if there is a problem or action to your requests and take the necessary corrective action within a reasonable time.
Should you wish to report a complaint or feel that SelfNote.org has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may make a formal complaint to the Relevant Authority.
In Australia, you may send a formal complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner, 30 days after contacting SelfNote.org.
16. Deletion, removal or destroyed of Personal Information
You can request for your Personal Information be deleted, removed, depersonalized or destroyed by SelfNote.org by emailing: support@SelfNote.org
SelfNote.org will use commercially reasonable endeavors to action your request within a reasonable time and notify you when your request has been completed.
17. Compliance with the Applicable Privacy Laws
Subject to the laws of the Applicable Jurisdiction, any failure or delay by us to enforce or exercise a power or right or provisions of this Policy will not constitute a waiver of those rights or provisions, and the exercise of a power of right by us does not preclude our ability to exercise that or any other power or right in the future. All rights not expressly granted are reserved.
20. Governing Law
21. Effective Date